Sunday, February 21, 2010

hollywood Romance

I tortured my poor hubs by making him see "Valentine's Day" tonight and I mean, this movie was not good. I'm a romantic to the core but something has happened over the years that has changed the idea of marriage and relationships. Marriage used to be a business type deal now girls are on a mission to find IT ALL. It doesn't exist, not truly. We want a whirlwind romance and hot sexy nights, but who really feels sexy after long working days or over eating at your Italian FEAST sunday's? I hardly feel seductive in my current ensemble of flannel pjs and purple t-shirt but I certainly am not going to slap on some makeup and a pair of boy shorts to lounge around! Why do WE need to seduce our men visually? Why don't they throw on a nice suit at night or a cop uniform (whichever tickles your fancy) to keep us interested? We watch these movies where sex and love prevail and it is perfect and no one is unsatisfied, ever. In the real world, I think we are unsatisfied. We want perfection but you may have just that, already. I take a step back once in a while to look at what I have and let me tell you, it is pretty damn good!

My husband is a hard worker, funny as hell, a romantic and loving man. I'm lucky. He has changed a lot in the past 7 years to become who he is today. I believe people change, we all do. I'm not the same today as I was 10 years ago. If I was, shame on me! My heart has always been topped off with love and always willing to give it. I have always been a trouble maker, a fighter, outspoken, funny and pretty damn rude. Those are my best qualities! Those don't change but I've grown up. I've become a woman, a wife and an adult. I changed. People do change. Not always for the best but regardless they do.

So, if you are single and holding onto that dream that your McDreamy will come along, you may be single for a long time. There maybe 1 out there but guess what? Thousands of women just like you are searching for him too. I'm not saying settle but the chick flick situations only exist on paper :)

Hitch

No comments:

Post a Comment